My first time

To be more specific – my first treatment session at my chiropractor’s. It was quickly done. No doubt about that. But so effective, and really nice. Both being there, and how I felt afterward.

She began with loosening up my hip-area. I was not only stiff, which I clearly could feel for myself and have done for ages. I was also a bit lopsided. When pointed out, I could easily understand that, had noticed that as well, but couldn’t have stated that myself.

I had to lie on my stomach on a special treatment-bench, which she heightened under the belly-area. Then I should breathe in, and when I breathed out she pushed the left part of my hip area downwards with her hands, quite hard, and at the same time, she let that bench-part fall down to its original bearing.

Then the same procedure to my right side. Did she do those pushes twice or only once on each side of the spine? Funny! I’ve already forgotten. Nevertheless! It didn’t hurt at all, and to my astonishment, it felt much better in my lower back already, after only these few movements.

Then she did the same thing between my shoulder-blades, to release the tensions lurking there. This, I clearly remember, she did twice. The second time a little bit higher up towards the neck. This didn’t hurt either, it was just a “huh” feeling, and afterward, that part of my back also felt much better. Some tensions had really been released.

I was kind of surprised, that this treatment session took such a short time to perform, but I reckon that is a very wise way to handle such problems as what I have suffered from during a very long time. Don’t mess too much with sore muscles, but let what you do be effective.

She is really skilled, my chiro-therapist. Not only my body knows that, also my soul does! Yes! Sometimes you just know, from within your heart, and all the way out to your pinky fingers. And toes. You just know, you are in good hands.

Then she told me to drink a lot of water, and take a walk. Not necessarily in that order, though I did drink some water in the “ladies room” before I left the clinic.

Since I had gotten there by biking, biking was okay as well. The rainy day didn’t hinder me a bit, and I did begin with walking for two kilometers before I biked the rest of my way home.

It was easier to walk than I had expected, despite the fact I had some uphills to start with, and it felt really good to be able to walk that freely. Now, I’m looking forward to my next treatment session on Thursday.